Saturday, August 11, 2012

Egg Cups (or Muffins?)

So, anyone who knows me, knows that I arrive to work insanely early. I mean, my first class usually starts at 8:30, and I get there around 6:00, if not earlier. Because of this, I don't like to do much at home before I leave. So, I like to have a breakfast that I can grab and take with me. These Egg Cups/Muffins, perhaps mini-frittatas, are perfect. And they are SO yummy!

So... here's the recipe:

12 eggs
~3/4 to 1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup diced ham (or other meat)
1 cup shredded cheese (flavor is your pick!)
green onions

This is SO simple.  Easy as can be.

1.  Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Spray a muffin tin (regular size) with nonstick cooking spray.

3.  In large bowl, mix all ingredients together.  (Actually, you can wait to mix in the green onions and put them on top as more of decoration. I prefer them mixed throughout the egg muffin.)


4.  Fill muffin tin with egg mixture. Mine were filled to the tippy-top of the muffin cups!  So, be careful when placing in the oven.


5.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until the centers are set.

This recipe can be modified super easily, so play with it.  Also, the amount of ham and cheese is a roundabout. Fiddle with it until you are happy.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment