Monday, July 9, 2012

Blueberry Bread with Zucchini

So, I love blueberries.  Like, REALLY love blueberries.  They are my favorite fruit.  Well, them and pineapple.  :)  However, due to the Gastric Sleeve surgery, I don't have much space to get my favorite fruits in when I eat.  Nor do I get much in the way of vegetables in.  This bums me out.  Therefore, I decided to make a Blueberry Bread and add some zucchini in which could get me some of my faves while also getting me more protein.  That's right... this one also has protein powder mixed in!  And let me say, this is delicious. I love it.  I have an egg muffin and a slice of this bread for breakfast, and I am full and happy.

So, here's the recipe:

Blueberry Bread with Zucchini

2 cups Splenda (Stevia, etc.)
3 eggs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups zucchini
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 pint blueberries
3 scoops (about 1 cup) unflavored protein powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray bread loaf pan (or 2 pans)

In a large bowl, beat together the Splenda, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract.  In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and protein powder.  Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.


Mix in the zucchini.  (I just used a spatula at this point.)

You can save some of the protein powder or the flour to coat the blueberries.  This supposedly helps keep them from sinking to the bottom, but I forgot to do this the last time, and my bread turned out fine.  It's up to you!  Fold in the blueberries. 

Pour the batter into your loaf pan/s.  For one loaf, bake for 60-75 minutes or when a toothpick or knife comes out clean.  For two loafs, bake for 50-60 minutes.  Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan's and place on a wire rack to cool. 




YUM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment